[Everyone] Second announcement: 14th Bonn NS workshop - February 17

John Antoniadis jantoniadis at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Fri Jan 10 04:34:44 EST 2020

Dear colleagues,

Here is the second announcement for the 14th one-day Bonn NS workshop, taking place on February 17, in Bonn Germany.

Full details follow below. If you have any questions, please let me know. Looking forward to seeing many of you here.

John, on behalf of the OC

We are pleased to invite you to join the 14th BONN workshop on the

— FORMATION AND EVOLUTION OF NEUTRON STARS —

The workshop will take place on:

Monday, February 17 between 11:00 and 17:45

at the Max Planck Institute for Radioastronomy in Bonn, Germany.

The special topic for this meeting will be:

Peculiar Supernovae and Neutron Stars

— electron capture supernovae and their possible outcomes

— the progenitors of ultra-light/ultra-massive neutron stars

— the outcome of merging white dwarfs

— possible connections between extreme supernovae and FRBs

— advances in SN simulations and predictions (masses, kicks, spins, alignments, etc.)
— comparison between theory and observations

For more information, and to register and submit an abstract, please visit:

https://events.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de/indico/event/143/

Participation is limited to ~60 people and the registration will close as soon as all available seats are filled.

Childcare

The MPIfR has a family room (equipped with toys, a changing table, a sofa and a desk) that can be made available to the participants and their families during the meeting. The talks can also be broadcasted to the room, if needed.  We are also able to provide support for childcare. If you require this service, please e-mail John Antoniadis (janton at mpifr.de) as soon as you register

We look forward to welcoming you in Bonn!

SOC: John Antoniadis, Werner Becker, Marilyn Cruces, Michael Kramer, Norbert Langer, Philipp Podsiadlowski, Nataliya Porayko, Laura Spitler and Thomas Tauris